Over the past year, we’ve had the pleasure of releasing the latest game in the legendary Might & Magic series, with Heroes VII and its add-on “Trial by Fire”.
We truly hope you enjoyed this new adventure through the rise of the Griffin Empire and we would like once again to thank you for your support. Shadow Councilors, your devotion will be remembered, working with you was an inspiring and memorable experience for all of us.
After 4 years of a close collaboration, our partnership with Limbic Entertainment is coming to an end and as such no further updates will be provided for the title. The forums will remain open to allow you to continue the conversation about the game and keep sharing your best creations.
We would like to thank all the teams involved in this project, particularly our friends at Limbic Entertainment and wish them the best in their future endeavors.
On behalf of the Heroes team, we hope you continue to treasure this series as much as we do and we are looking forward to seeing you again in Ashan!
The Might & Magic team.
We also included new balancing changes with a revamp of stats for the Champion creatures.
综合 - General
- [Fixed] Quick load would get stuck in rare cases.
- [Fixed] Council Hub towns have light shaft particle when selected.
- [Fixed] RMG issue that caused some armies in the underground to be directly inaccessible, which caused bugged AI behavior.
- [Fixed] Heroes portraits shuffled on loading a save game.
- [Fixed] Wrong cursor icon on Abandoned Mine/Prison with random army.
- [Fixed] Weekly based resource AM buildings would lose ability in rare cases after loading a save game.
- [Fixed] Invalid logic with AI exploration, causing some adventure map sites to never be uncovered by the AI.
- [Fixed] Town development for Fortress towns for AI (now goes beyond level 2).
- [Fixed] Combat map lighting on transition from adventure into combat.
- [Fixed] Not destroying allied players caravan outpost on visit.
- [Fixed] Some maps in the Duels section not having a Thumbnail, or localization.
- [Fixed] Renewal to only give mana on the hero`s own combats.
- [Fixed] Creatures not inheriting the morale/luck bonus that was defined in their base stats.
- [Changed] Neutral stacks in starting zone of RMG to be always different from the starting faction of the owner of the zone.
- [Improved] Rewards for Dragon Utopia, Shantiri Ruins and Dangerous Cave.
- [Improved] Money income from Town Hall in the intermediate tiers. Now Town Hall and City Hall provide 500 more gold each.
- [Improved] Performance when Hero is moving on big adventure maps.
- [Improved] Increased Morale cap to 75 instead of 50 globally.
- [Improved] AI will be more focused on its objectives (when conquering sites and picking up stuff that`s guarded).
- [Improved] AI will be more inclined to use buff sites.
- [Improved] General overhaul of all the champion creatures’ stats for Skirmish and Duels.
- [Improved] Reduced price of Resources in the Marketplace in general.
- [Improved] Reduced cost of Elite and Champion Dwellings so they are affordable.
- [Improved] Reduced diplomacy costs by half globally.
战场 - Combat
- [Fixed] Shantiri Titan Regeneration ability.
- [Fixed] Building Caravan Outpost during combat with hotkey.
- [Fixed] Treant Entangling Roots ability not disabling movement.
- [Fixed] Summoned obstacles (i.e. Fire Sentry and Freezing Orb) not being attacked when issuing a move + attack command
- [Fixed] Warfare units with Artillery Barrage dying getting the game stuck
- [Fixed] Chain Lightning to properly divide damage amongst targets
- [Fixed] "Ingineer" specialty, replacement warfare units don`t get stuck in combat anymore
- [Fixed] Capture of own-able adventure sites (only need to interact once now)
- [Fixed] Artifact transfer on losing combat in some cases
- [Fixed] Leading by Example not applying in some cases
- [Fixed] Surrender to correctly preserve the troops you paid for.
- [Fixed] Ancient Behemoth Retaliation Prediction.
- [Fixed] Aura of Purity vs. Magic Touch.
- [Fixed] Valkyrie Fire Shield.
- [Fixed] Nature`s Revenge for Blade Master`s Whirling Death ability (marks are getting applied to all targets, not just one).
- [Fixed] Deadly Strike (stopped critical hits from happening before).
- [Fixed] Centaur Marauder`s Maneuver.
- [Fixed] Fire Elemental`s Nova.
- [Fixed] Assassin`s Poisoned Blades.
- [Fixed] Firebird`s Rebirth.
- [Fixed] Summoned shooting obstacles (Fire Sentry, Freezing Orb,) targeting for Leaf Daggers and other active abilities.
- [Fixed] Preview of percentage-based spells, such as Implosion.
- [Fixed] A big rock obstacle with wrong collision. Now it will properly cover what it should.
- [Fixed] Surrender/Flee button being functional in Duel.
- [Fixed] XP preview when the defender wins a combat.
- [Improved] AI that is in an obvious loss situation will try to inflict more attrition damage by killing as much of the player`s creatures as it can instead of playing for a "win".
- [Improved] Adjusted AI behavior with Mobile Shooter to be more cautious instead of suicidal.
- [Improved] performance for AI calculations and active unit change.
- [Improved]AI will try to avoid hostile per-tile spells in combat more.
- [Improved] Made Good/Bad Morale triggering more visible.
- Changed the Nova ability of Disciple to be cast-able only once per combat.
关卡设计 - Level Design
- [Fixed] A problem in Map 2 that caused a Secondary quest to spawn an enemy that prevented the peaceful solution of it.
- [Fixed] A problem in map 2, where the quest to give 10% of your army only worked under certain circumstances.
- [Fixed] A problem in Myrim`s Scenario map where some artifacts were providing 2 items instead of 1.
- [Fixed] A problem in Myrim`s Scenario map where a dwelling in the initial area wasn`t part of the AOC of the town.
- [Fixed] An issue in Myrim`s Scenario map where narration text boxes could appear during the AI turn. [Fixed] An issue in Myrim`s Scenario map where the enemy players didn`t show the correct name.
- [Fixed] An issue in Dungeon map 4 where several combat dialogues weren`t triggering.
- [Fixed] An issue in Ivan map 2 (Vanilla) where a dialogue wasn`t triggering.
- [Fixed] An issue in Thunder in the Tundra, where one landscape component was causing issues when opening the map.
- [Fixed] The fact that the player could hire Bart Brimstone from the Hall of Heroes in the Tear of the Old One map.
- [Fixed] Several issues in Alternate History related to factions of Dwellings not being the same as the Player`s initial faction. Also fixed the fact that Player 1 had 3 Elite Dwellings instead of 1 Core and 2 Elites. [Fixed] an issue in Sylvan map 4 where one dialogue was attributed to Wysloth when it was Danan speaking.
- [Fixed] An issue in Map 6 of Fortress campaign where Uplay rewards weren`t working.
- [Fixed] Two neutral creature stacks in the teleporter path of fracture Time to have the correct XP values. [Fixed] A blocker in Lost tales 1 - Map 5 that prevented heroes from interacting with one of the main quest buildings.
- [Fixed] Two fire camps in Final Map 1 (Vanilla) that were providing 0 resources.
- [Fixed] A visual problem in Dungeon 2 where some towers from the wall weren`t properly illuminated. [Fixed] A problem in Fortress Map 3, where a defeated hero could still capture a lost town.
- [Fixed] An issue in the first fortress maps with the lights of the manipulators of the catapults.
- Changed Hathor`s specialization to be Pugnacious instead of Engineer.
多人游戏 - Multiplayer
- [Fixed] Last human player remaining in a multiplayer game with AI player automatically won every combat.
- [Fixed] Player getting stuck in the game after the game was finished.
- [Fixed] Players were able to do actions in town screen during the AI turn under certain circumstances.
- [Fixed] Local Guards not giving EXP and not triggering Necromancy.
- [Fixed] Learned spells by Arcane Intuition disappearing after combat.
- [Fixed] The possibility of the game getting stuck when timer runs out and player doing a quick combat at the end of the turn.
- [Fixed] Not being able to attack AI heroes because they are wrongly considered of being In Combat already.
- [Fixed] Being able to view AI hero inventory if having all heroes dismissed after AI turn.
- [Fixed] Skirmish objectives still being triggered for spectating players.
- [Fixed] Popup, "wait for answer" not disappearing when attacking another player during retreating.
- [Fixed] Several issues in first turn after loading a save game for Sim-turns.
- [Fixed] Game getting stuck when winning vs AI hero during AI turn.
- [Fixed] Loading a save game with less players then when saving now turns the missing players towns into neutral and removes his leftover armies.
- [Fixed] Game getting stuck when all players but host leave the game and host ends the turn
- [Fixed] Loading a save game clients would have UI errors (not showing resources or showing wrong hero portraits)
- [Improved] Multiple minor fixes that makes the Multiplayer more stable and robust to not go out of synch.
冒险地图 - Adventure
- [Fixed] Black Market giving gold to all players in multiplayer when selling items.
- [Fixed] Tracing in town screens to return the building under cursor more accurately.
- [Fixed] Forts and other neutral sites sometimes spawning 2 garrison armies.
- [Fixed] Dragon Fang Necklace now correctly counting as a set artifact.
- [Improved] Adventure map performance when moving around with a hero on larger maps.
操作界面 - GUI
- [Fixed] A case where Creatures would disappear/re-appear from the Deployment Bar.
- [Fixed] Inaccurate saving of deployment.
- [Fixed] An issue that was cause a click on a different position than the mouse, when game was unfocused.
- [Fixed] Combat-log not restoring correctly after save/load screen was opened.
- [Fixed] Incorrect message while spamming Quick-Save.
- [Fixed] Initiative Bar no longer appears wrongly when closing Heropedia
- [Fixed] Preview of XP gained through combats to take XP bonus into account properly
- [Fixed] Fortress village hall building not showing up
- [Fixed] Items giving gold income to show the added income properly in the resource bar
- [Fixed] Completing an Addon-Campaign no longer displays a progress towards the Main-Campaign.
- [Fixed] Option, "Show HP bars" is correctly saved when changing it in the main menu.
存档/读档 - Save/Load
- [Fixed] Weekly based resource AM buildings would lose ability in rare cases after loading a save game.
- [Fixed] Spells learned from helmet items would be learned permanently after loading a save game.
- [Fixed] Heroes would lose spells/abilities/skills after performing save/load operation in very rare cases.
- [Fixed] Neutral flag would appear above captured Forts after loading a save game.
随机地图生成器 - RMG
- [Fixed] Missing surface and underground zones when using Mixed Terrain.
- [Fixed] The lighting of underground zones being too dark.
- [Improved] Changed Neutral stacks in starting zone of RMG to be always different from the starting faction of the owner of the zone.
- [Improved] Changed value of Rough Terrain Movement Cost from 1.66 to 1.0 for all RMG zones. Applied only for In-Game RMG.
- [Improved] Added 5 Addon buildings to the RMG: Runic Forge, Rune stone, Pirate Cove, Abandoned Mine and Dwarven treasury.
编辑器 - Editor
- [Fixed] That Editor becomes unresponsive when deleting the underground surface of any randomly generated huge scenario map.
- Added 8 Steam achievements for the campaign maps of the addon.
- 综合 - GENERAL
- Fixed missing neutral Fortress stacks in Might & Magic Heroes VII.
- Fixed minor issues in localization.
- 存档/读档 - SAVE/LOAD
- Fixed some skills missing after save/load in games with random skilling.
- 多人游戏 - MULTIPLAYER
- Fixed Mana being fully restored after combats
- Fixed Inventory Items not being obtained properly or granted in multiple copies when defeating an enemy hero