EvilP 更新于 2023-10-01 16:06
- Fanstratics Troop: Unicorn.
- Beauty is a word rarely used when describing any Troop from any Faction. Concerning Thornwood Unicorns, the term is a perfect fit. While an arguably unremarkable fighter, this magnificent warrior has a chance to Blind an Enemy Troop with each Assault. Under proper circumstances, this ability is assured and able to turn the tide of any battle. When we started work on this Troop, Justin forgot to make her anthropomorphic, leading to a sheet of thumbnails for a stereotypical Unicorn. Before I could correct his mistake, another sheet of thumbnails appeared in my inbox, along with Justin's self-realization. Nevertheless, she turned out great, making for one of the most unique Unicorns I've ever seen. Good stuff. For those who want to see Justin create the drawing, you can always watch a VOD of his Twitch stream.
- Fanstratics Question: I don't mean to be offensive, but what exactly made you decide to copy-paste the "skeletal structure" of HoMM3? What do I mean: 16 heroes for each faction with 8 hero cap on the adventure map, 8 (plus one) factions that can be loosely (or even strongly) associated with 8 existing original factions of Heroes 3, with probably 7 types of units.
- With any 'spiritual successor', people will expect certain levels of familiarity. Deviating from the HoMM3 structure, without good reason, runs the risk of breaking the 'spiritual successor' promise made to the public. Hence, my decision to embrace consistency.
- HoMM3 Question: Did you used to play HoMM before working for New World Computing or did you discover it while working there?
- I did. Technically, I started with King’s Bounty on the Sega Genesis, but my first real ‘Heroes’ experience started with HoMM2. I completely missed HoMM1.
- 玩过。最早是在世嘉MD（美版叫做Sega Genesis）上玩的国王的恩赐，而我真正第一次接触的英雄无敌是2代，我没玩过1代。
- HoMM3 Recollection: Demo Map and Map Makers (part 2 of 2).